Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Am So Xcited!!!

The new X Files movie comes out in a couple of days. I've been watching the trailer and advertisements on television. Everytime I do, I think of Corey. He and I were fanatics of the show. In case you don't know a thing about the X Files...it premiered on September 10, 1993 and last aired on May 19, 2002. And, I watched EVERY episode!!!

The show lasted nine seasons and focused on the exploits of FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully and their investigations into the paranormal. From genetic mutants and killer insects to a global conspiracy concerning the colonisation of Earth by an alien species, this mind-boggling, humorous and occasionally frightening series was one of the world's most popular sci-fi/drama shows since its humble beginnings in 1993.

Like I said, Corey and I were addicted fans of this never-to-be-missed television show though he wasn't allowed to watch it in the beginning since he was only 11 years old and I was afraid he would have nightmares. However, as he grew older he became a fan and during the last seasons, we even went to a friend's house and would have a dinner party and watch the show. It was spell-bounding and very scary at times. One episode had something to do about something that was inside a toilet bowl. I can remember for several days afterwards, Corey and I would both check out the toilet before using it.

When the original X Files movie came out, Corey and I were one of the first people to see and enjoy it. They just don't make television series the way they used to. "Lost" is the only show that comes close to X Files these days. This is one fan who is looking forward to the new movie!

1 comment:

  1. I would have never guessed you were an X-Files fan! I never got into it- that show still creeps me out. Have fun at the movie!

    ReplyDelete