Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Big Snow of 2011

We had been warned about lots of upcoming snow on 12/30 and it started that evening. This picture shows it just beginning and how light it was outside even at 11:30 p.m. The light from the city and our street was reflecting off the snow.

This is my netbook that I had sat outside so that Mom and Dad in Georgia could participate in what the snow looked like. It just so happened that Aunt Rachel, Aunt Ruth and Aunt Alice were there so they could see the tour of the snow coming down. I had a towel and some aluminum foil over the top of the chair to keep the falling snow from the computer.

This was looking left out of our front door...

And, this is looking right out of the front door...

This is what the sidewalk looked like after being shoveled for the first time...

Snow even stuck on the doorbell...

Snow starting to pile up again. See the sidewalk.

Out the backdoor. Note the snow piling up on the table...

A later look out the front door. The sidewalk has disappeared now...

A couple of days later, I went out to the car to make sure it would still start. When I opened up the front door I notice something stuck to my seatbelt and then saw some brown ice in the back seat. I opened up the back door and this is what I found. It was frozen, exploded Diet Pepsi. I had forgotten to bring in two 2 liter bottles that had been left in the car. Because the temperature dropped to 30+ degrees BELOW zero, one had blown up...

This is the bottle. The lid blew off and the side ripped open...
Here's the furry kids just laying down in the snow contemplating life and squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment