Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Day Spent With Derek

Our weekend with Derek began on Friday afternoon when Corey and Nikki left for a wedding in Idaho. Derek had his Elmo and his favorite blanket and the pictures tell the story...
checking to see if Mommy and Daddy had really left. They had.
Oh well, at least Thomas the Tank was still on the television and Grandpa Joe was watching too...
So, Grandma...what's on the agenda? Let's party!!!
Time for dinner!
Is Grandpa Joe coming to eat too?
Now it's time to play blocks with Grandma...
Beginning of the full day...Derek began his day the way the evening before ended...Elmo and the blanket...
Waiting on breakfast of grits and eggs (way to go southern boy)...
Later on that day he experienced what a diet Cherry Limeade from Sonic's tasted like. And boy, did he like it!!! (phase one of my plan to corrupt him and have him look forward to future visits - complete)...
Hey, mom it does have a cherry flavor and a lime slice and a cherry. See it's healthful.
Derek helping to get dressed so we can go to dinner...
Well, he did try, huh?
Now, we're ready to go...
See Grandma did get me some good food to eat and I'm eating it! Time to go...I am waaaay ready for a bath and bed...
But, first we stopped by Walmart so Grandpa could pick up something he'd forgotton at home. So I hung out in my carseat while Grandma took pictures...
Finally, my bath!!!
Then it was finally bedtime. Waahoo!

And a great day was had by all!

3 comments:

  1. Where did you go for dinner? Was Grandma ready for bed also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post.....Almost makes me jealous.... almost... :-)
    did you see my post on facebook about my new blog... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we went to Golden Corral in Orem and it was wonderful!!! It reminded me of the one in Georgia and since we don't have one near us, it's a treat for us. And, they now have LOTS of new shrimp dishes AND asparagus on the buffet. Derek certainly enjoyed himself as much as we did.

    Yes, Susan I saw you had a new blog. Could you send it to my email address? I seem to have lost it on my fb somewhere.

    ReplyDelete