Sunday, April 24, 2011

January 2011 Hospital Visit

Yes, it's true. Joe wound up back in the ER on January 10th. It was his first visit back to the hospital since last November. I had tried calling him while I was at work. After attempting do do so for about 45 minutes and couldn't get him to answer the phone, I called the Sheriff's Department as I was told that they would send someone to check on him. Remember I was 45 miles away from Casper.

I told the dispatcher where to find the key so they wouldn't have to kick the door in if necessary. When the deputy arrived, he found Joe unconscious on the kitchen floor and called the ambulance took him away. The Sheriff's Department called me and then I left the field immediately to meet Joe at the ER. He had apparently given himself too much insulin and made his blood sugar go extremely low - 35. (He is no longer allowed to dispense any of his medications). When he collasped, he hit his head on a kitchen counter and during a seizure, he kept scrapping his feet on the bottom of the kitchen shelves .



He was finally released when he blood sugar returned to normal after several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment