Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dining With Friends

Derek and I had lunch with old friends while Papa Joe was in dialysis. Starting left is Alisa Lyman who served her mission part of the time in Casper and was a frequent guest at our home. Then there's Derek and his cousin, Allyson and on the right is Teri Evert Zorko. I have known Teri for over 30 years when she lived in Georgia and joined the church.

She saw on Facebook that I was coming back to Utah for a visit and wanted to get together for lunch. She drove over an hour one way to meet me which I thought was just a wonderful way to show her love for me. Before we said our goodbye, she said that the reason she wanted to see me was that "we're all getting older and who knows if we'll ever see each other ever again". Isn't it great to have friends like that even if you haven't seen them for a very long time?

Then the following day, Joe and I had dinner with Alisa and Elena Merrill. Elena was Alisa's missionary companion while in Casper and consequently was a frequent visitor in our home also.

It's always so nice for us to meet up with old friendships every chance we can when we make a visit to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment