Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I was one of the nutty people who got up to watch the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this morning. I was up at 2:30 a.m. Wyoming time which was really early when you think about it. (And, yes, I was present that other early morning for the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles).

I was prepared though. I had gone to the Dollar Store to purchase myself a tiara so I could be fashionably dressed. I got lucky...my tiara also came with a matching pair of earrings. I purchased several extras and delivered them to friends whom I knew was also going to be watching the wedding live. The following pictures were taken during the wedding. It's almost like I was there. I do consider myself fortunate that I have been to Westminister Abbey, Buckingham Palace and all along the parade route on several occasions.

Anyway, back to the wedding. I got up early enough to see many of the guests arriving and one of my favorites was seeing Elton John. He appears to be showing his ticket to someone to prove that he is indeed Elton John.
Here's Prince William looking out of the corner of his eye at me. I just know he was glancing with admiration at my tiara and earrings. I love this picture. Kate looks like a princess here and I love seeing her walk in with her father and having her sister as a bridesmade. Aaaaahhhhh! Aren't they just such a cute couple? I was sitting there poised to take a picture of the much anticipated kiss and just after I'd taken this picture, they kissed and I missed the picture! Bummer. I even missed a picture of the second kiss since it was not anticipated. I think they needed a little longer and more lip locking and then I would have captured the moment.Shorty after the walked back into the palace, I walked into my bedroom and went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment