Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our Could Have Been, Might Have Happened Brush With Royalty

I took Corey to England with me in July of 2000 when he was 17 and about to enter his senior year of high school. His dad didn't want to come along and so we left him behind. We were going to stay with friends of mine who live in northeastern England, but I wanted Corey to experience the things London had to offer. It was my third trip there and Corey's first and we spent the first day there doing the normal "touristy" things. In celebration of the wedding of William and Kate, here are only some of the pictures I took showing that Corey and I traveled the same route as the wedding procession did today.

First stop was to Buckingham Palace and we watched the changing of the guards. We just knew someone royal would come out and visit with us. Corey is standing where the throngs of people stood around the center fountain outside the palace to watch "the kiss" from the balcony today.Checking out Big Ben... And going to Westminster Abbey where the royal wedding took place.We were just 11 years too early for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment