Saturday, February 6, 2010

Omega Elementary School

Nancy recently sent me a newspaper article about the completed renovation of Omega Elementary School. This is the school that Corey attended from kindergarten to seventh grade. It was a very special school with special administrative staff and teachers and was like sending Corey to a private school without the pay.

This is a picture of what the school looked like while Corey attended.



The lady shown on the right hand side of the bottom picture used to be one of my very best friends. In fact, she began to attend church with me and eventually joined the Church. My family and her family used to eat dinner together quite often and spend lots of time together. However, through a series of events, and really none of which I can remember, our friendship ended.

Her daughter, Mandy, shown on the back left was one of Corey's very good friends. She had bright red hair and was just the cutest little tomboy. Until I saw this picture, it was probably the first time in almost 10 years that I'd heard anything about them.

I've learned a couple of times in my life that friendships are a very fragile thing. I learned that sometimes friends may not stick by you when you need them the most. I only hope that I have not offended anyone that may have considered me to be their friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment