Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Baby Turned 27 This Week!

27 years old this week, my baby was born and this is where he was born...

Les got to hold Corey before I did. Because I had to have an emergency c-section, I was still loopy on drugs. So, when this picture was taken I wasn't even aware that there was anyone in the room. In fact, I don't even know who took this picture of the happy father and the newest member of the family.

(flash forward about 25 years...Corey and Derek on the day he was born).

A note I put in Corey's baby book...
First pictures of Derek via cell phone...

Corey was a good baby. He was pretty good about sleeping through the night except for his feedings or a diaper change. I do remember those 2:00 a.m. feedings. There was no cable in Omega at the time and the only channel that came through was the CBS and it was nothing more than looking through a snowstorm. He was also ALWayS VERY hungry and wanted to nurse about every two hours. Consequently, I seemed to be tired most of the time. He hATed having a wet or dirty diaper on his bottom and would pitch a fit until he was changed. I learned to nap when he did no matter what needed to be done in the house. I had to have my rest when he rested.
How grateful I am for Corey and the man he's grown into and what a responsible husband and father he is to his family. He is a son I am very proud of and love very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment