Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1st, 2009

When I left work today and got into the truck, this is what I saw on the passenger seat side after a few hours of snow in the field...

Driving through the field...

Coming up on the one lane bridge and holding my breath until I pass over it...


I finally reached the two lane highway...

and this is what it looked like driving to the interstate...

The the snow started to drift up on the road...

The state mows the sides of the road. I never could understand why since there is not a lot of traffic and lots and lots of open land. Then I found out it's so that the snow doesn't drift so badly at the side of the road if there is nothing to stop the snow - like unmowed grass.

This is what my car looked like when I reached the parking lot in Casper. That was after running by the lab to pick up sample bottles and then I had to go pick Joe up from work at Walmart. By the time we reached home, it had been two hours since I'd left the oilfield.

1 comment:

  1. Ah... appreciate the pictures, but doesn't taking pictures while driving "over the river and to the woods" during a snow storm... doesn't that seem a bit "risky" to you !! Bet Flat Riley (or whatever his little name is.. was scared to death!!)

    ReplyDelete