Sunday, December 6, 2009

First REAL Cold Spell of Winter 2009

For the last few days we've had snow and frigid cold temperatures which mean it's been below freezing and even in the single digits and wind chills around -25 to 0 degrees. This picture shows some of the snow that's been riding around on the bottom on my windshield for the last couple of days. I was amazed at the beautiful aqua blue that has showed up on it which shows that the ice is colder than I can ever imagine. It looks like the same color that you seen on icebergs and glaciers on the Discovery Channel. Isn't it beautiful?

This is the intersection right next to our house...

I park my car in front of our house which is the bare spot in front of the truck on the right hand side...
Someone was giving free wagon rides outside the Albertson's grocery store. It looked very Christmasmy with the snow falling down...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, are there still enough tourists that want to take those rides? I would think the locals wouldn't want to .

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I believe these are the natives who are just shopping.

    ReplyDelete