Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One thought that kept running through my mind every time I said goodbye to some one during our visit to Georgia was this...That it might be the last time that I would ever get to see that person and how sad that would be. I think that's why I felt so much emotion when leaving someone as I felt a loss - a deep sense of sadness.

This was especially true when saying goodbye to Mom and Dad. Never have I felt a hug or a kiss more strongly, more vividly than when leaving my parents. It was as though I was trying to take the memory of them with me during that time. How they felt, how they sounded and how they smelled. Never did I feel more loved by them then I did at that time. When I left for Wyoming six months ago and we had our farewells then, I knew that I would be returning within a matter of months. This time, however, I have no idea exactly when we will once again be together. I can make plans to return again in a year, but who knows what circumstances lie ahead for us? Only our Heavenly Father knows what is in store for any of us.

1 comment:

  1. one thing is for sure... I know I miss you and am happy for you at the same time...

    ReplyDelete