Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello Deer!

It was a normal beginning to my Wednesday morning. Nothing different than any other Wednesday morning. I left the house about the same time - 5:00 a.m., got in the car, plugged in my cell phone, said my morning prayer and turned to look out of my window to check for traffic. It was then that I was face to face with a visitor. It was a young male mule deer looking at me just outside the window. If I'd had the window rolled down, I could have touched it.

For a few seconds we just stared at each other. It was like my brain was having trouble deciphering was I was seeing. After all, I hadn't noticed it when I walked to the car. (You better believe I will do so each morning from now on)! Two things came immediately to my mind: 1) yell for Joe to look, but he'd never have heard me and 2) get out my camera which is always in my purse or use my cell phone camera. I couldn't do that either as I would have spooked it most likely. So, I just had to enjoy this strange meeting all by myself! Eventually the deer decided to walk on past the car and just strolled off down the street. This picture will give you an idea of what I encountered this morning although my deer had more points which were very brown and velvety.

No comments:

Post a Comment