Sunday, March 11, 2012

Today Is Middle Name Pride Day

Aside from those three named celebrities, it's a good bet that no one uses their middle names.
Well today is your day to be proud, to let it out and let it free.

Many people do not know my real name - that I have always gone by my middle name, Carol.  My mom has always told me that she loved my first name, Anita, but that since no one would pronounce it correctly, she'd rather I be called Carol then have it used incorrectly.

This always caused me a great deal on embarrassment at the beginning of each school year.  The teacher or teachers would call the role, get to my name, say "Anita" and I'd have to tell them that I used my middle name.  I never liked being the center of attention and this would make the teacher spend more time on me and it always gave the kids something to snicker about with my name.

When it came to deciding on Corey's name, that was one of the considerations that Les and I took into account - that he would go by his given name.  After all, Les had grown up as "Junior" or Lester and me being Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment