Monday, May 31, 2010

Old and Dear Friends

While in Georgia, I had the opportunity to spend some time with some old friends I'd not sen since last year - some even longer. Unfortunately time didn't allow the chance to see many others this time.

But, I did get to have lunch with Jerry, Shirley and Amy which gave us all the opportunity to catch up with one another. In fact, Amy drove down from Atlanta and spent the night with Jerry. What a special time that was for me.

Dear friend, Tami...

Known forever friends Vickie and Darrell Spikes and Emily and Gary Flanders...

For dinner, we met with several of our friends at the Ole Time Country Buffet. We had posted an announcement on Facebook that anyone who wanted to see us needed to meet us there as our trip was much shorter this time.

So, there was the Clements family, along with Jasmine and her new hubby, Matthew, as well as Ann and we even brought Mom along...

And then there were some of my "children" that I've watched grow up since they were three years old who now have children of their own...

Karla, Levi and Carla...

And then, on the last morning, it was time to say goodbye to Ann with whom we'd stayed with again this year...


Her lovely home and gardens...



There were many more who either called or sent messages saying they were sorry they couldn't see us for one reason or another. There were the ones whose pictures weren't taken to record the visit. But, I am grateful for those I saw and once again feel blessed for the friends in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment