Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just Like Wet Dog Doo Doo

We've had a lot of rain and snow recently here in our Casper area. In fact, we've had more rain in the last couple of weeks than we've had in the entire time since we moved here. All this rain and snow has caused some havoc out in the oilfield. It turns the mud into something akin to wet dog doo doo. No kidding! And it sticks to everything, but at least it doesn't smell like wet dog doo doo.

Here is a contingency of trucks lined up for a meeting at our office conference room...


This is what the front of one of the vehicles looked like after splashing through the mud...

This is some of the gloppy, wet mud on the pavement in front of my office...

This is one of the outside grates that is used to wipe our boots and shoes off before entering the buildings. It's supposed to help keep our floors a little cleaner. Those are my boot prints.

And these are my boots...that I wore instead of my old tennis shoes. They were no match for the snow and mud.

And, this is the floor around my desk covered with the mud and dirt stuck on my shoes...

This is some of the liquid mud that got on my pants as I slid out of the truck that morning. I've learned that you don't wipe it off, but rather let it dry. Then, and only then, do you try to remove it by crumbling the dry mud and scrapping it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment