Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beverly Walker - One of Corey's First Playmates

Years ago I had a very good friend named Jane Walker whom I worked with at the Georgia Agrirama. She even helped host one of my baby showers when I was pregnant with Corey. (I realized this is one of the few pictures I have when I was pregnant).


A few months after Corey was born, Jane had a little girl, Beverly. Our two children used to play together quite often as we were stay-at-home moms. Eventually Jane went back to work and I stayed home and kept Corey and Beverly for several months. It was my first foray into childcare and I definitely was not ready for it at that time!

This is Corey trying to give Beverly a hug and a kiss...

Jane with Corey and Beverly...

Beverly and Corey riding in the little red wagon on a nice fall day. From the expression on Corey's face, I think Beverly was biting on his finger at the time...

Warmer days playing in the pool. (That's Sarah in the left hand side of the photo. Les and I used to keep Sarah and Travis most weekends while Susan was working at Pizza Hut while she was attending college. They were like our weekend children).

After a few years, Jane and I parted friendship with the changes in our lives. Beverly wound up marrying one of my former after school children.

2 comments:

  1. That is the same Jane Walker that I know from Eighth Street. She was there my first year I taught. She is married to one of the guys in the maintainance (sorry, can't spell tonight) department at the school board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the same Jane Walker. Her husband is Bob. Beverly married one of the Clements boys.

    ReplyDelete