Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stuck In The Mud

One day Trina was going out collecting water samples and I was going to be her chauffeur. Bad idea since I wound up getting us stuck in the mud!

After Trina finally got us unstuck, she went about collecting her samples...

This is one of the front wheels...

And this is one of the back wheels.

The truck was in four-wheel drive, but apparently I just "grannied" it across instead of going for it and that's what got us stuck. I had to open the back door of the truck and shimmy my way into the back seat while Trina climbed over the console into the driver's seat. Now that would have been a video to see, huh?

2 comments:

  1. How the heck did you get unstuck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I got us stuck and then Trina and I tried to work double to get it out i.e., I gun the engine and she kept handling the forward and backward of the transmission, she called for help to the office hoping that not everyone in the field would catch up. You don't want that to happen - too much ribbing at the meetings. That's when I decided to open the back door and shimmy my body along the edge of the truck into the back seat. You did NOT want to get out for fear of the ooze and getting yourself stuck. So then, Trina climbs over the console and into the drivers seat. Being a native Wyomingite, she managed to get us out and we canceled the call of distress to the office. One day, I too, will get us out of the mud but hopefully I won't get stuck again. Does any of this make sense?

    ReplyDelete