Monday, November 2, 2009

Our First Wyoming Halloween

Ever since Corey was in kindergarten, I have made my "Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie Halloween Ghosts" for Halloween. I made several of them this year for some of my friends to enjoy this year.

The hardest part of making them this year was finding the Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. Then they are dipped into melting almond bark and the two eyes are made with miniature chocolate chip cookies. Afterwards, they are laid on waxed paper to cool and then are ready to eat.
For our anticipated trick-or-treaters, I bought two large bags of Dum-Dum Chewy Pops with 200 in each bag. Boy was that a mistake! Although we do live in a regular neighborhood with children we only had the grand total of 4 children. Three of them rang the doorbell after we'd turned the light off. Don't think I'll buy much next year, if any. Now I just gotta figure a way to get rid of 390 Dum-Dum's.

1 comment:

  1. Mail them overseas to a serviceman. Heather's Thomas is headed back over soon if he isn't already gone. Or the Ruberson's sister is on a mission in Rwanda. They sponsored an orpanage last Christmas. All the boys wanted was an orange soda drink.

    ReplyDelete