Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So There We Were In Bear Country...

...in the mountains where there were lots and lots of signs that said be "Bear Aware".  Joe's kinda napping and dozing off on occasion, when suddenly I see this BIG BROWN thing coming down the road.  I think it's a bear!  After all, we are in bear country and in all the traveling we've done, I've never seen a bear in the wild.  So, here is my/our big chance.  I start taking pictures through the windshield, while yelling at Joe to "look, look" before it's gone.  Picture No. 1...




Picture No. 2...it's getting closer and closer.


And then the bear gets closer when I suddently realize it's a lone buffalo - a bison just strolling down the road like it's out for a Sunday stroll.  I totally stop the car, hoping it's a safe distance, when it walks past the car.  Joe could have reached out and touched it if he'd a mind too or the buffalo could have turned around and gored the car.  Try explaining that to my Allstate Insurance dude, huh? 

This thing was at least 10 feet tall and 20 feet long and could have popped his head inside the sunroof.  Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but that's what it looked like


We had to turn the car around and go back for another look since you don't see that kinda thing just every day. No, Dorothy we certainly aren't in Georgia anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment