Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Today In History...

August 17, 2004…Singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg announced that he was battling advanced prostate cancer. He died from the disease a little more than three years later.

I'm writing about this because it reminds me of a memory dealing with Les and I think it may be one that Corey doesn't know about his Dad and I.

After Les and I met in Louisiana, he came back to Georgia with me to meet my parents.  When we returned back to his home to pick up his things since he was going to move back to Georgia permanently.  We drove up to his house and out in the snow was his stereo and speakers and all of his record albums.  Apparently we had arrived about the time someone was stealing things from his home. 

Although the items had been left in the cold and the snow, they were all in good working order.  Among the record albums was one by Dan Fogelberg.  It became one of my favorites and many a night Les and I would put it on the stereo, turn down the lights, sit down on the couch and snuggle up with each other and listen to the album.

Some of our favorite Dan Fogelberg songs include:




It's amazing to me how music can stir so many memories such as these do.  Happy days, happy memories which make me still wonder what went wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment