Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Last Day Of October

It's almost the end of October. There's only about an hour left.

There were so many things I had wanted and planned to do during this month and most of them didn't take place. I wanted to:


  • Go visit the kids in Utah;
  • Go to Denver and spend the weekend to see the King Tut exhibition; and
  • Get out and explore more of Wyoming before the snow and cold weather set in.

I did none of that. Instead:

  • Joe got out of the hospital after being in there almost 2 1/2 weeks. (Hence the reason for not going to see the kids and the King Tut exhibit);
  • Joe started going to dialysis three times a week - Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays;
  • We went on endless follow-up visits to doctors with every Friday revolving around something medically connected.

But, during this month:

  • It was good to have Joe back home with me;
  • I got my Christmas present early - a netbook;
  • I got a new job at the oilfield - no more procurement now I'm a floating assistant to field and office personnel. So my job is different most every day and that's not boring.
  • I ate Indian food at a new restaurant which opened in Casper;
  • I finally bought a membership at Sam's Club;
  • I met my new visiting teachers;
  • I almost lost Aunt Rachel, but she's still with us;
  • I called the ambulance to help me when Joe's blood sugar dropped to 39;
  • A just released sister missionary brought her family by to meet us because she loves us;
  • I made a BIG pot of chicken and dumplings and shared it with several people;
  • I baked about 14 dozen Halloween cookies and gave them all away; and
  • Said goodbye to Jim and Jeannette Munger who moved back to Florida. I will and do miss them.

I'm sure many more things happened, but this month has been a blur and it went by so fast. Here's hoping that tomorrow brings a more peaceful, fun and exciting month. (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment