Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bra Day

Yep, there is even a national Bra Day and that's tomorrow. Who knew? So in honor of that I would like to thank my friends and family for all their "support" throughout my life. Let's talk briefly about the "over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder" that holds the "ta-tas", the "jugs", the "girls", boobs, hooters, etc.

For those who are interested, I began wearing my first itsy-bitsy bra at the age of 12 and hated it then and still do. Who among us who wears a bra has actually got a bra that fits properly? Is that nodding heads that I hear along with the grumbles out there? I can safely say that out of the dozens of bras purchased and worn in my lifetime, few have properly ever fit like they should. At this point in my womanhood my body has shape shifted into almost every possible formation imaginable. My poor "girls", I apparently didn’t and don't appreciate them and still didn’t honor them with the right bra. I've had padded, underwire, back fasteners and front snaps. If I could, I'd never wear another bra! Eventually marriage and nursing baby altered my chest and my "girls" are mere shadows of their various former selves. I’m not being self deprecating, just honest.

I don't know how every other female learns about the fundamentals of tucking the "girls" into their bra, but I learned from watching my mother. I found out it's a very specialized routine.

It's time to buy a couple of other new bras cause if there was a contest for the "Ugliest and Most Worn Out Bra", I'd probably win. Unfortunately the size tag is frayed and faded and now I'll have to start all over trying to find the "perfect" bra. Oh boy! And, did I mention how much I hate the Victoria's Secret bra commercials?

There's so much more that could be written about bras and boobs, but I'll say no more...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment