Saturday, July 3, 2010

Annie the Dog

There I was taking pictures of little prairie dogs at the rest area (see little guy in front of picnic table). Joe had gone inside to use the bathroom. I noticed a pickup truck parked near the prairie dogs (that's it in the right side of the picture) with three dogs in the back.

To make a long story short, the truck pulled away, was almost back on the interstate when one of the dogs jumped out. I couldn't believe my eyes. The truck kept going and apparently didn't know one of the dogs was no longer with them.


I went and got the dog, put it in the car and starting yelling at Joe to hurry up when I saw him coming out of the restrooms. We were off on a chase to try and locate the parents of this dog. I called the state patrol, told them what had happened with hopes they could spot the truck. They didn't and we didn't. For over 100 miles I tried to catch up with the truck, but with all the construction and delays, it didn't happen.

When we got to our turnoff to go to Casper, I was told by the state patrol to drop the dog off at the local animal shelter. Within a few minutes after our arrival, we received great news...the parents had called the state patrol to say they'd lost their dog and they were put in touch with us. Coincidentally we were all in the same town at the same time. Hooray and can you believe that?

So we all lived happily ever after...

No comments:

Post a Comment