Saturday, September 19, 2009

Team Penning

One of my jobs at the beginning of the day was being the "pre-announcer". I was telling silly cowboy jobs, making meeting and registration announcements, etc. until the real announcer showed up. Then I was a timekeeper until Trina took that job over from me.

This picture shows the group of participants who gathered below the "crowsnest" waiting for a rules and regulations meeting that I had announced.
Trina and Brian at the registration table.
I thought this was funny watching the cowboy riding around on his horse talking on his cellphone.
Rounding up the cows with numbers on their backs.
Joe standing at the gate...
This is the "crowsnest" that I was in. That's Trina on the right-hand side.
After being a timekeeper, I became a "line judge". My duties consisted on dropping the flag after the nose of the horse had crossed the foul line and that's when time would begin. (Notice the jacket. It was very cool in the shade).
This is my wound for the day...a splinter I picked up somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment