Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nine Months


It seems totally impossible that we have now been living in Wyoming for over nine months. But, what an incredible, frustrating, rewarding, fantastic time we've had, but I will speak for me and not Joe.

Time has gone by so quickly; I guess primarily due to my 10 hr. days of work each week and though I do have three day weekends, they seem to race by just as quickly.

I do miss friends and family back in Georgia, but I've been able to cultivate new friendships some of whom seem like new family to me. What a blessing that's been! It still seems odd to me to go into my neighborhood Wal-Mart and not know hardly anyone though. But, I am rewarded from time to time to hear someone call my name and realize that someone actually does recognize me.

There have been many adjustments and many of those have been written about in previous blogs, but all in all I'm very happy and very contented. If only I could bring my mom and dad and my sisters and brother and their families and my favorite people (and I wouldn't begin to name them for fear of missing someone, but hopefully you know who you are) to be with me, this would be like a little piece of heaven for me. I try not to dwell on who I've left behind for then I do become sad at the thought of knowing that I may never see some of them alive ever again. There was a song that I used to sing when I was in Girl Scouts that said..."Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold". Hopefully one day in heaven, God will say, "Anita Carol Cattell Preston Weaver - it is your day to visit anyone and everyone you'd like to spend time with. You pick your meeting room and take all the time you want. And, I will make sure that everyone is available when you want them"! Now that would be heaven for me! Running my mouth with no time limit.

But back to the nine month anniversary...in just a couple of weeks will mark when my last job closed their doors on me and next month it will be one year since we came to visit with the kids in Utah and made the side trip to Casper just to "check it out". Like I'd ever have moved here or even ReALly considered it. Yeah, right!
Life is good. Life is great. Now let's move on to month number 10...

2 comments:

  1. so we were wondering if part of the reason why your life is good is because you actually live close enough to us that we get to see each other more than twice a year? Just making sure your grandson was important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder no more!!! It is a fact that life is so much better cause I am closer to my children and grandchild.

    ReplyDelete