Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mom and Me - 2009

Simply put...I love my mom. I miss my mom. I've written about her on several occasions, but the visit home for the reunion was a different experience with Mom.

It was so indescribably different hugging and kissing her. She looked so much thinner and weaker than when I last saw her. I had concerns about how lucid and conversational she would be with me. I had prayed that I would be able to enjoy my visit with her and know that she and I still connected. My prayers were answered. I know my mother loves me. She told me she has really missed me. She said she wished she was able to come and visit with me and see where I now lived. It was the things she said to me and the unspoken words as well.

The worse part about leaving her and Dad was knowing that it might possibly be the last time I would ever see them alive. Though a horrible thought, I know there is the reality of it. We are all getting older and only our Heavenly Father knows what is in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment