Sunday, May 31, 2009

Some of My Friends

"My friends have made the story of my life". Lucky me, I also got to visit with some of my friends. (I wouldn't wear mascara as I kept crying it off).Shirley Alexander and Jerry Walker who I worked with at the Child Care Resource and Referral Office until their retirement. Unfortunately, Amy Page wasn't able to visit with us from north Georgia. Jerry is the person who should be credited for most changing my life. She created a job for me and had faith in my abilities when I did not. She is the person who introduced me to doing trainings and workshops which opened up doors and opportunities for me. Shirley became my friend and confidant. She's been there during my divorce and remarriage and has always been a source of support when I needed a shoulder to cry on.
Rob and Janice Patrick who spent immeasurable hours helping us pack. Don't you just love Rob's expression? What a couple - what great friends.
Old co-workers at the R&R - Renee Camarillo, Rewanna King, me, Melissa Shipp and Julia Stokes.
Mary Jackson and Rose Jacobs. Two of my favorite childcare center directors. Two of the most wonderful women in the business and my friends.
One of my oldest and most dearest friends, Delaine Solomon. We served in Relief Society and Primary together and have so many stories and memories between us. We were able to have lunch together and catch up on the last few months. I always wanted to be a woman like Delaine - always put together, quiet natured, sweet spirit, loving, compassionate, giving and the list could go on and on.
Tami Sandiford my ex-boss. One of the greatest persons I've ever known and grew to love instantly. I connected with her the first day I ever met her. It was though I'd met her before and she was like one of my sisters.
Saying goodbye to "Miss Ann". (Read about Ann in an earlier blog. One of the dearest people in my life).
My best dinner was that with my sisters and Donald. (Jimmy was unable to attend). Do my sisters know how much I love them? I doubt it. "Moments shared blend us together in sweet harmonies, a melody of joy to carry in our hearts always". How blessed I am to have sisters such as them. They have always been there whenever I need them. I miss them so much.

Though I neglected to take pictures because I was obviously more interested in talking and feeding my face, I loved sharing meals with Sheri and Lee Dorsett; Norma Mitchell, Evelyn Smith and Yvette Haskins. Each of those women have made some type of impact in my life and have their own special qualities. I'm sorry for those I couldn't get with due to time and/or distance, but love our continued phone conversations and look forward to seeing you again in the future. (You know I'm talking about you Tiffany and Tricia).

No comments:

Post a Comment