Sunday, December 26, 2010

Special Gifts of Christmas 2010

I got two presents this year that mean a lot to me. I know that the women who gave them to me have compassion and understanding of the things I have encountered in the last year. They both told me when giving me the present that these things had special meaning for them also.

From Anne...
Each stanza begins with Be Strong!

We are not here to play, to dream, to drift.
We have hard work to do and loads to lift.
Shun not the struggle: face it. 'Tis God's gift.

Say not the days are evil, - Who's to blame?
And fold not the hands and acquiesce, - 0 shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely, in God's name.

It matters not how deep entrenched the wrong.
How hard the battle goes, the day, how long.
Faint not, fight on! Tomorrow comes the song.

But my favorite gift was from my friend, Trina. She gave me one, as well as Joe. As you can see from the picture there is a clear Christmas ball with a white feather and tiny crystal-looking beads. There is a little note attached which reads:

I am an angel feather sent from God serve to serve as a reminder to you of His precious love.

I am from your guardian angel that God has sent to you. It fell out in her struggles as she protected you.

Each time you almost stumble, each time you almost fall, Thank God and all of his angles for answering your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment