Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Presents 2010

Santa was very good to us this year in the way of presents. Some came a little early and some came on Christmas Day. I received this pocket camera. I know, I know, I already have a really great camera with a couple of zoom lenses that takes wonderful pictures, but this one is very small and fits into my purse. It can be used spontaneously since it goes with me every where my wallet goes. Joe wanted a cassette tape recorder so that he could listen to "books on tape" while he is at dialysis to help him pass the time. He now has a library card and is able to check out these tapes on a regular basis.



I got me a "notebook" recently which I am really enjoying. I had been wanting one since last year and finally took the plunge and got one. After Joe spent so much time in the hospital this year, I decided it was time to get one to help pass the time while sitting in his hospital room. It's also come in handy when waiting on car repairs or anyplace I know I'll have to wait. I also got it connected to my Skype account last week since it has a built-in web cam and was able to show Mom and Dad what the snow looked like outside our home. I look forward to the opportunity to share other parts of our lives outside and around Casper.


Joe also got some new slacks and sweaters that he can wear to church. He's lost so much weight in the last few months that his suits no longer fit him. I felt he needed some new clothing that fits him to help boost his self-esteem. He also got new long-sleeved shirts that are essential when he goes for dialysis as he has to wear shirts that button down the front to have access to his "ports".

We also now have a telephone in every room of the house, including the bathroom. I purchased a type that has a talking caller ID, lights flash when it rings and it is very loud. That way Joe has access to a telephone in case someone calls and/or he needs to get to a phone quickly.

I also got some new cookbooks that I'd heard about. These books give you the recipes to some of the great dishes or items served in national brand restaurants i.e. Applebee's, Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Red Lobster and the list goes on and on. I am looking forward to trying out some of my favorites.

I also got this cookbook that has crockpot recipes for diabetics. I look forward to making recipes for Joe and I using this book.
My greatest gift this Christmas though is knowing that Joe wasn't and hasn't been in the hospital for the entire month of December *as I quietly type this*. He is slowly gaining strength mentally and physically and that's worth more to me than all the things listed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment