Friday, September 7, 2012

It Rained

It rained last night.  It was one of those evenings where the first twinges of fall seemed to be creeping in after a very long hot summer.  It started raining sometime before going to bed.  I never heard it at all until shortly before I went to crawl into bed.  I love nights like that...Nights when it's cool, when the window is open and one side of the curtain is pushed aside to catch the breeze.  Then I could really hear the gentle sound of the rain coming down.  It's a rare thing when that happens here in Wyoming.  I rarely have the chance to see it rain at all - there's so little of it.  So, when nights like last night come along, I try to enjoy it as long as possible.

After saying my nightly prayer, I slipped into bed and laid there listening to the steady drip, drip, drip of the rain falling off the side of the house until I finally slipped off into a wonderful night of undisturbed sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just LOVE rain too. I miss that about Georgia, having rain you can depend on. But maybe we appreciate it more here, because of its scarcity? Lovely description!

    ReplyDelete