Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day - 2012


Mother's Day card - 1988 or 1989
Translation..."Dear Mom, I think you are nice pretty and great!!!!  If I could be big and tall like you I would go away.  But thats not true.  I will not lieve you inless I have too".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the sometimes sucky part of being a mother with a grown child, an only child.  I knew that eventually Corey would have to "lieve" me because he had too.  Live goes on.  We all move on and sometimes you don't have to opportunity to see, visit or share like you used to when you don't live in the same state or vicinity. 

I also think it's a sucky thing that I don't get to see and visit my own mother more than I do.  It's hard to believe that it's been over seven months since I saw her and Dad.  That's been only three visits back to Georgia in 3 1/2 years.  I miss my own mother even at my age and I am still her child whom she misses very much.  Joe and I made four trips to Utah last year and the kids came over for one.  I'm always so grateful for the opportunities to visit with the kids - the opportunity to spend time with my only grandchild.

Things have started out totally different during the year.  No visits at all since Christmas in one direction or another.  We missed sharing a birthday with Derek this year.  I'm missing watching him grow up because I know how quickly they do.  Time is going so fast and life seems to be zipping along at an incredible clip.  I've learned that now is not the time to hold grudges or hurts to those we love.  Now is not the time to keep score on who did what to whom.  Now is the time to enjoy spending time with loved ones because you never know when it may be your last time.  I realize that every time I talk with my mom or dad that it could be the last time. 

So, I'm very grateful for the phone calls and the texts that I receive from my son - for his affirmations of love for and to me.  I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to be his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment